Trouble accessing GVL on Cardiff

Im having trouble accessing an instance, earlier I couldn’t delete a directory on this instance, and now I can’t access the instance at all, I can log into the instance through ssh but it freezes (see image below)

I have another instance that seems to be working fine.
thanks
Cat

This instance should be fixed, but please check the mountpoints of your disks - GVLs of this vintage will remount /dev/vdb at /mnt on reboot, which is probably not what you had setup initially. Check mountpoints with the command

lsblk

Other than that, please try to keep your instance up-to-date with the latest security and package updates by periodically running

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

and rebooting when requested.

thanks,
all working now

up-dating my instance now

Sorry not quite sure what this means
thanks

That’s good - thanks for the screnshots!

The left-most columns are disks and partitions in a tree structure, the right-most column is where the disk/partition is mounted.

You have the partition dev/vda1, which is mounted at the filesystem root (/), and two more volumes with a single partition on each, which aren’t yet mounted.

All you need to do is:

sudo mount /dev/vdb1 [directory to mount the disk at]
sudo mount /dev/vdc1 [another directory to mount a disk at]

Which follows the final steps of Tom’s tutorial here.

thanks,
I will remount them now

(a picture is worth 1000s words)
Cat

Sorry, more screen shots, I ran ‘sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade’
and it successfully finished, however next time i logged into my instance there appeared to be even more updates needed. Am i missing something?

thanks
Cat