Connection closed and no route to host

Hi there,

I’ve been working through ssh all morning and had no problems. Suddenly this:

Connection to 137.205.69.50 closed by remote host.
Connection to 137.205.69.50 closed.

When I try to re-connect, I get this:

roro@roro-SATELLITE-P50-C:~$ ssh ubuntu@137.205.69.50
ssh: connect to host 137.205.69.50 port 22: No route to host

Is this a problem at my end or your end?

Thanks,
Rosalind

Just caught up with the message that instances are being shelved today - have unshelved!

Hi Rosalind,

In case such as yours please open http://bryn.climb.ac.uk/ and check if your VM is not is state “shelved”. If so, please unshelve it, wait for 2-3 minutes and try to log in again.

Best

Maciej

Hi Maciej,

Thanks for the info! I heard about the unshelving shortly after I posted.

Everything is back now - but am still having problems with Lubuntu. It says “Something went wrong, connection closed” as it did before (despite the fact I can use ssh again, no problem). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rosalind

Could you try open it again, please?

Still no luck, I’m afraid.

Could you provide more details? When do you see this message? After providing username and password?

The message appears in the bar at the top, as soon as I follow the link from my GVL dashboard. I am not prompted to enter username and password.

Hi,

We suspect that this issue is caused by accidentally deleting some files from your home directory. Do you remember such circumstances?

The easiest method to resolve this problem is to create new GLV machine, I’m afraid. Could be this solution possible in your case?

Regards

Maciej

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.