Gvl homepage not loading

Hi,

My instance is not letting me get to the GVL web page.

The ip address is: http://137.205.69.82/

I can ssh onto the instance but going to the ip address just gives me the apache2 server set up page, I have tried rebooting.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Please use this template to help us fix your problem quickly! Please don’t include sensitive information (including IP addresses) and fill in sections as appropriate.

CLIMB SERVICE PROBLEMS (Bryn, OpenStack, Launching VMs, Creating and attaching Volumes, etc.)

1. Describe the problem. Are there any error messages you can paste? Can you provide a screenshot of the problem (with sensitive information removed)?

2. What is the name of the VM or volume that the problem is affecting?

3. Where is the VM or volume hosted; Birmingham, Cardiff, Swansea or Warwick?

4. Is there any other information that you think might be helpful?

SOFTWARE OR APPLICATION PROBLEMS (Python can’t find the modules I installed, Prokka doesn’t predict any ORFs, etc.)

1. Describe the problem. Include links to any guides that you might be following and a brief history of the commands that you’ve run. Paste any error messages in code-blocks (paste, highlight and press Ctrl+Shift+C).

2. What operating system are you running; GVL, Ubuntu 16.04, Centos 7, etc.?

3. Is there any other information that you think might be helpful?

Hi Joe

Can you try the following:

That should get your GVL webpage back and working.

Rad

Hi Thanks,

I tried that but I got the following messages:

ubuntu@pacbio:~$ sudo systemctl stop apache2
ubuntu@pacbio:~$ sudo systemctl disable apache2
apache2.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable apache2
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script apache2' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5). insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of scriptapache2’ overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
insserv: warning: script ‘proftpd’ missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script apache2' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5). insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of scriptapache2’ overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
insserv: warning: script ‘proftpd’ missing LSB tags and overrides
ubuntu@pacbio:~$ sudo systemctl restart nginx
Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See “systemctl status nginx.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
ubuntu@pacbio:~$

Looks like it was “apt-get upgrade” that broke nginx. I’ve fixed that for you.

http://137.205.69.82/

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.