More storage space please

Hello,

Would it be possible to get more storage space on my CLIMB account (I am part of the In-host adaptation group)? I will be retrieving over 100 DNA sequences soon and I am hoping to analyse them using my CLIMB account. 20 TB would be great.

Best wishes,

Angharad

Hi Angharad,

The default allocation for an entire research group is ~10TB. An additional 20TB seems a little excessive for most microbial genome analyses. Could you PM me the details of your analyse and we can see what we can do to accommodate you.

All the best,
Sion

Hi Sion,

Thanks for your reply.

I will soon be retrieving over 100 PacBio sequencing files and each one is around 3-3.5 GB and I am going to be assembling them and doing alignments etc.

So I just want to make sure that when I set my scripts running I don’t run out of space, I realise now that 20 TB is a little excessive, what would be the maximum I could be allocated?

Best wishes,

Angharad

Hi Angharad,

The 10TB that your group was allocated should be more than enough for storing 100 PacBio files and any intermediates for assembly. Perhaps make a 2-3TB volume and process a few files to estimate the final disk usage you will need.

All the best,
Sion

Hi Sion,

Thanks again for your response. I had completley forgotten I could create myself a volume to get more space, not had to do this for a while. All sorted now.

Thanks again for your help.

Best wishes,

Angharad

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.