Rstudio on Swansea servers - blank screen

Both instances running on Swansea won’t start Rstudio - just get a blank screen

cheers

Julian

Hi Julian,

If there is something running in a session or a large amount of large variables it can take a long time to load.

It can also stop and restarting the Rstudio server. Info on how to do this can be found here - https://docs.rstudio.com/ide/server-pro/server-management.html#.

All the best,
Sion

thanks Sion

Ran this
$ sudo rstudio-server active-sessions

and got this, which looks like there are no Rtsudio servers running on 137.44.59.197

PID TIME COMMAND

Hi Sion

Still no joy, both the swansea servers are showing blank web pages when we try and use RStudio, even leaving it open for 2 hours and waiting for it to load did not work, and neither did following the rstudio admin suggestions?

cheers

Julian

Hi Julian,

Deleting the .Rprofile file may resolve the issue. Have you updated the R version in the past?

I will pass this onto the Swansea admin and see if this is something on their end.

All the best,
Sion

Could you PM me your IP and password and I can try and see if I can access Rstudio.

Hi Sion

Have emailed you them. On another note I now can’t see or login into the 2 instances that I set on the swansea region (137.44.59.45 and 137.44.59.219). They seem to be gone?

cheers

Julian

Hi Julian,

I have PMed you. What is the status of the instances in Bryn?

All the best,
Sion

which instances on Bryn (137.44.59.45 and 137.44.59.219) or (137.44.59.197 and 137.44.59.211)?
I just tried the later 2 and Rstudio is now working - so thanks for fixing this

cheers

Julian

Hi,

Glad I could help!

closed #12

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.