Swansea Registration error

Please use this template to help us fix your problem quickly! Please don’t include sensitive information (including IP addresses) and fill in sections as appropriate.

CLIMB SERVICE PROBLEMS (Bryn, OpenStack, Launching VMs, Creating and attaching Volumes, etc.)

1. Describe the problem. Are there any error messages you can paste? Can you provide a screenshot of the problem (with sensitive information removed)?

Unable to access Bryn dashboard/virtual desktop, although ssh still works. When trying to login I get the following error:
“The swansea region is currently unavailable. Check the community forum for service status, Your team doesn’t currently have a tenant registered for this region (Swansea).”

2. What is the name of the VM or volume that the problem is affecting?
eval-soil2

3. Where is the VM or volume hosted; Birmingham, Cardiff, Swansea or Warwick?
Swansea

4. Is there any other information that you think might be helpful?
I haven’t received any emails about renewing a license

Best wishes,
Alex

Hello Alex,
Thank you for your message. I have passed it to the relevant team. The licence has been correctly renewed by the Primary User of the group.
Kind regards,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for getting in touch and confirming the license renewal. Unfortunately I haven’t heard any further news and the problem remains.

Best wishes
Alex

Hi Lisa- a quick update, I’ve just realised I can still access the dashboard and virtual desktop. It appears it’s only the bryn login screen that isn’t working properly so it’s not urgent.

Thanks,
Alex

I have the same problem and noticed that the Bryn page, re Swansea states
“Stats last updated Dec. 21, 2020, 2 p.m.”

However I cannot access my server as it was off. When will Bryn be back on line?

Best wishes

Update - I can access through SSH. Hurrah!

If you need to access the dashboard I’ve found you can use your instance IP address and that still works OK.

Great! Thanks.

Best wishes

Hi all,

I’m having a similar issue, VM at Swansea has been down for 24 hours and I can’t log in via ssh. As bryn is down I can’t check on it, but other VMs in the group (also at Swansea) are working.

Any ideas?

Hi @harry-thorpe, my Swansea-based VM is now completely down too (unable to login via ssh).

Best wishes,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the update. Hopefully it’s just part of the ongoing maintenance.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.