Unable to access instance

Hello,

I can’t seem to access my instance - “Fahad-new” located at Swansea. Status = Error.

Kind regards,

Fahad

Hi Fahad,

We will look into it for you.

All the best,
Sion

Hi Sion,
I am similarly unable to access my VM at Cardiff, IP 131.251.130.226 since morning.
Grateful for your kind and prompt assistance.

Cheers
Ebenn

Hi Both,

Fahad - your instance should be online again now.

Ebenn - there has been a minor hardware issue. Your instance will be up and running again once it has been resolved. This will most likely be later today.

All the best,
Sion

Dear Sion,
Noted with thanks!

Cheers,
Ebenn

Thanks Sion! I can confirm this is back up and running

Hi,
I’m experiencing a similar issue. I can login into bryn but I’m unable to access the dashboard (err_connection_reset) or ssh into my instance since this afternoon (Swansea: EVAL-SOIL2).

Thanks,
Alex

Mine at Swansea is still inaccessible. I am guessing hardware issue that Sion intimated above has not been resolved as yet?

Cheers
Ebenn

Hi Ebenn,
Thanks for updating! I’ll be sure to let you know if I regain access in the meantime.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi All,

Imran is looking into it and it should be resolved soon.

All the best,
Sion

Hi Sion,
My instance is now in ‘shutoff’ mode- can I restart it as normal, or is the issue still being resolved?

Many thanks,
Alex

Dear Sion,
Similarly, may I know if the issue has been resolved?
I am still unable to access my VM 131.251.130.226.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thx
Ebenn

Hi Ebenn,
After restarting my instance everything seems to be working again.

Best wishes,
Alex

PS Thanks Sion and Imran for sorting this.

Good on you Alex!
I’m afraid mine is still not working :frowning:

Any update, please @ Sion?
I tried to detach my volume to attach to another instance over the weekend, but that didn’t work either (it says it is still detaching!).

Grateful for your prompt assistance.

Cheers
Ebenn

I’m sorry to hear that Ebenn, I hope it gets sorted soon.
All the best
Alex

Hi Ebenn
Your instance should be back.

Radoslaw

Hi Radoslaw,

Many thanks for your help–you’re right, it is back!
Unfortunately, as I intimated in my earlier post, I had tried to detach my volume (Ebenn_12Nov18) over the weekend, but that didn’t work (I had hoped to attach it to another instance). At the moment, it is still showing as “detaching”. Can you help me fix this? I will like to maintain attachment to this instance.

Many thanks again for your kind assistance,
Ebenn

Hi Radoslaw,
I’m sorry I got myself into a muddle–I tried to detach my volume, Ebenn_12Nov18, when my instance was in shut-off status, and although that was not successful, it has been showing as “detaching” since then.

I would greatly appreciate your help to fix this back to attached to Ebenn (this instance, 131.251.130.226).

Thx,
Ebenn

This should be fixed as well. Your volume is now detached.