Unable to connect to galaxy and ssh after unshelving

Please use this template to help us fix your problem quickly! Please don’t include sensitive information (including IP addresses) and fill in sections as appropriate.

CLIMB SERVICE PROBLEMS (Bryn, OpenStack, Launching VMs, Creating and attaching Volumes, etc.)

1. Describe the problem. Are there any error messages you can paste? Can you provide a screenshot of the problem (with sensitive information removed)?
ssh
port 22: Connection refused

galaxy/cloudman
There is no application service running on this host yet, or the service is not responding. To manage this cloud instance, please use the [CloudMan Console]

*screenshot of dashboard below

2. What is the name of the VM or volume that the problem is affecting?
dwdb

3. Where is the VM or volume hosted; Birmingham, Cardiff, Swansea or Warwick?
Birmingham

4. Is there any other information that you think might be helpful?
have not been able to connect to ssh since unshelving.
neither galaxy/ssh working despite hard reboot

Your kind assistance is much appreciated indeed!

Hi @lphee,
I’m a Climb user, so take my words as sharing experience rather than offering support :slight_smile:

The SSH problem it looks like the SSH server in your VM stopped working. This can be because it was killed or misconfigured. If the problem is the first, restarting the machine will solve the issue (otherwise it’s like being “locked out”, as to fix the configuration you would need access to SSH in the first place).

I would suggest opening a support ticket via bryn to ask for assistance with this.

For Galaxy I remember that GVL was discontinued by CLIMB two years ago, so probably lots of things changed in the meanwhile…

Cheers!
Andrea

Thanks for the tip, Andrea! Hadn’t realise that there was a way to raise a support ticket with the new interface until you mentioned it.

Cheers :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.