Uploading to NCBI/SRA directly from CLIMB user

Hi all,

I’m trying to upload files to NCBI, SRA. Can i do do this directly from CLIMB to avoid downloading and then uploading the files?

I’m on a UBUNTU 16 instance.

I’ve attempted this with Aspera command line tools (NCBI recommendation) with the following command:

ascp -i <path/to/key_file> -QT -l100m -k1 -d <path/to/folder/containing files> subasp@upload.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:uploads/<user_specific>

I get this error:

Session Stop (Error: Client unable to connect to server (check UDP port and firewall))

Any help or advice on uploading directly from my user to SRA would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,
John.

Hello,

You can usually upload files via the command line from e.g. CLIMB to NCBI/EBI.

E.g. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sra/docs/submitfiles/

Usually the way it works is that you setup the submission via the web interface, and then upload via the command line.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your advice, it was this pages advice i was following but as far as i can tell they have no mention of the error. As a result i’m just downloading the files locally for upload but would prefer a direct upload. Perhaps it is an issue on my user but i’m not sure what that would be, especially if no one else has had the same issue.

Cheers,
John.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.