Using bryn to start a Genomics Virtual Laboratory server

Hi Matt, like many of the guys above I’m seeing the ‘No tenant registered…’ message
Any chance you can work your magic?

Should be sorted for you.

I’m having the same problem that was described in the earlier posts of an ‘unknown’ IP address. Is there some other step that I need to go through to get registered or something? There is mention in some other messages/tutorial notes about ‘local super users’ and IP addresses which makes me wonder if I need one of those (a ‘local super user’ that is)

Instances take a little while to initialize and boot (giving them their IP address), and GVL takes longer still until its fully prepared for use.

Please try leaving the instance for a minute or two, and you should find that it gets allocated an IP address that you can use for SSH almost instantly.

Reading the page more closely, I see that the Status is ‘Error’. It sits with IP address unknown and a Status of ‘Build’ for a while and then when I Refresh the page it tells me ‘Error’. Any clues?

We’re looking into this - apologies for the inconvenience!

This should now be fixed - please still give your instances a little time to go from Build (no ip address) to Active (with an ip address).