VM frozen on "Hard_reboot"

Hi, I am unable to access my Swansea-based VM ‘EVAL-SOIL2’, and unfortunately re-booting failed to resolve the problem (still on hard-reboot status). Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I have notified the system administrator at Swansea. He should get back to you shortly. If you have not had a resolution to your issue by the middle of next week please PM me and I will follow up.

All the best,
Sion

Hi Sion,

Sorry to join the thread but I’ve got the same problem. The site is also Swansea, and the group is “Sylvia Dobbs”. The VM is rtucker-NHPH.

Many thanks,
Rosalind

Hi Both,

There has been a minor hardware issue at Swansea. Imran is working on fixing it now. I will notify this thread once it has been resolved. Thanks for your patience.

All the best,
Sion

1 Like

Hi Both,

The hardware issue has been resolved. Please try accessing you instances now. If you are still encountering problems try rebooting the instance from Bryn and trying again.

All the best,
Sion

Hi Sion,
I now have ssh and dashboard access again, although galaxy, galaxy reports and cloudman services are showing as error/unavailable (even after rebooting). Since I’m mainly using the Lubuntu desktop/terminal hopefully I will be OK without them for now.

Thanks for your help,
Alex

Hi Alex,

If this isn’t an issue for you I would not try and troubleshoot it. Usually it is easier to start a new instance than to fix Galaxy and that is unnecessarily disruptive if you are not using it.

All the best,
Sion

LUbuntu and ssh working for me again!

Many thanks,
Rosalind

Hi Sion,
It looks like my VM has become unresponsive again. Is it possible I’m unwittingly doing something my end to cause this?

Thanks again for all your help,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I have contacted the Swansea site admin. We should have an update shortly.

All the best,
Sion

Hi Alex,

It looks like another hardware issue. You have been very unlucky to have been affected by hardware issues so soon after the last one. It should be resolved by the end of today.

All the best,
Sion

Hi Sion,
Thanks for following this up so quickly.

All the best,
Alex

Hi Alex,

It should be resolved now.

All the best,
Sion

Hi Sion,
All sorted, thanks!

All the best,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.