Please use this template to help us fix your problem quickly! Please don’t include sensitive information (including IP addresses) and fill in sections as appropriate.
CLIMB SERVICE PROBLEMS (Bryn, OpenStack, Launching VMs, Creating and attaching Volumes, etc.)
1. Describe the problem. Are there any error messages you can paste? Can you provide a screenshot of the problem (with sensitive information removed)?
2. What is the name of the VM or volume that the problem is affecting?
3. Where is the VM or volume hosted; Birmingham, Cardiff, Swansea or Warwick?
4. Is there any other information that you think might be helpful?
SOFTWARE OR APPLICATION PROBLEMS (Python can’t find the modules I installed, Prokka doesn’t predict any ORFs, etc.)
1. Describe the problem. Include links to any guides that you might be following and a brief history of the commands that you’ve run. Paste any error messages in code-blocks (paste, highlight and press Ctrl+Shift+C).
We will start tomorrow a workshop in Pretoria, South Africa, for which we got VMs for all students. I just tested the connection to Climb but, unfortunately, the window hangs when I try to connect to any of the VMs from the workshop or my own. It does work as soon as I connect through the VPN from Quadram, but the students won’t be able to use VPN connection to access Climb. Is the access to Climb blocked from South Africa?
2. What operating system are you running; GVL, Ubuntu 16.04, Centos 7, etc.?
Mac, but also tested on Windows using Putty.
3. Is there any other information that you think might be helpful?